BaxterCannon Gallery presents… Creepy or Cute: Canine Costume Competition
A Fundraising Effort for the SPCA Victoria Pet Food Bank
When? October 31st 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Where? Fernwood Square (Outside BaxterCannon Gallery at 1298 Gladstone)
How to enter:
- Pet & owners encouraged to come get their portraits taken in our open-air photo booth on Halloween form 11am-4pm, schedule your appointment using the link below
- Suggested $5+ donation to enter your pet into the competition (bring cash or cheque)
- Winning costumes will be chosen for the following categories:
- Special judges pick
- Provide your contact information at the event and we will email you the digital photo files & a link to our online store where you can buy merchandise with your pet printed on it!
Prizes for winning pooches include:
- $100 gift card to A Pet’s Life
- 1 hour free training session with Rescue Me Training
- Dog & cat gift baskets from Bosley’s by Pet Valu on Burnside
- Gift bag from Paws on Cook
- Doggy goodies from Bosley’s by Pet Valu on Yates
- Swag bag from the SPCA Victoria Branch
All proceeds will benefit the BC SPCA Victoria Branch's Pet Food Bank. The COVID-19 situation has affected people in many ways – including financially. Your support will help pet guardians struggling to provide food for their pets and keep families together (including furry family members) and prevent people from having to choose between food for themselves or their pets.
To keep people at the event safe and healthy, please wear your masks and stay two meters apart!
- Try to schedule your 10-minute appointment for your pet/pet-owner portrait ahead of time.
- Please arrive 5 minutes before your appointment.
- To enter your pet into the costume competition, or if you'd like to support pet-owners in need, please bring exact cash or cheque to make a donation to the SPCA Victoria Branch Pet Food Bank.
- If you miss your appointment, you can wait till the next available open slot!
- Please bring your masks, remember to stay two-meters apart from others not in your "bubble."
- Walk-ins welcome but please no more than three people in the queue at a time.
- In accordance with the PHO, we are required to obtain all participants’ names, emails, and phone numbers to retain for 30 days for purpose of contact tracing if necessary.
- In the words of Dr. Bonnie Henry, "Be kind, be calm, be safe."